Amazingly some people may think! the fact that the UK sits in 9th place in the World Ranking of the top 200 manufacturing companies. When I ask people where do they think we are placed, I get an answer of around 150th. There are a few reasons for this, one is manufacturing has always received [...]
Quality Management Services
So the powers that be have declared we are in a Double Dip recession. The press have not been slow to almost celebrate this fact as it seems they love bad news and if they can tell us its all doom and gloom then they do. But It is not a recession for everyone, some [...]
Why is it that a survey shows Britain as being in 9th place out of the top 200 countries in the world for manufacturing, and exports of manufactured products alone to China and India are up by 30 and 40% for 2011. So why do we think that we a poor at manufacturing? We are [...]
What is the cost of quality? Quality is free. Quality is also a perception, and subject to what we might expect. What is the cost of poor quality? Now this is often a question that can be answered but the answers may not be available immediately. In business we should be aware of the cost [...]
We should all be doing our bit towards the recycling effort. Such as separating different materials and placing them into correct containers, But should we not be asking questions like why are we recycling so much waste? How many individuals or companies have a policy to prevent so much waste being produced in the first [...]
If you are a growing business, possibly with a few staff or more and you want to improve what you do and how you do it, then you should have some methods in place to enable you to measure your process performance, efficiency and effectiveness. Most processes are variable, in other words there is often [...]
- Social Networking sites – Friend or foe to employers? 15/12/2010
- The Blog has Landed 17/11/2010
- Business Edge 2011 10/01/2011
- Read all about it! February/March’s Business Edge is here 03/02/2011
- What business worries keep you awake at night? 01/04/2011
- BCC: Positive growth continues but recovery must be nourished 25/07/2014
- Diamonds are Forever 25/07/2014
- Norstar Magnetics 25/07/2014
- Are you claiming the correct mileage allowance? 24/07/2014
- Africa Seminar 24/07/2014
- Roger Hames: We have a hand held electronic scanner which has s...
- Emma Stafford: Could you please let me know the price of your Eff...
- Susan Hennessey: I work a 4 day week of 16.5 hours per week (Tues/W...
- Helen rowson: Hi I work 2 days a week, Monday and Tuesday. I cur...
- Jane Roberts: The British Red Cross can confirm the great value ...