Why is it that a survey shows Britain as being in 9th place out of the top 200 countries in the world for manufacturing, and exports of manufactured products alone to China and India are up by 30 and 40% for 2011. So why do we think that we a poor at manufacturing? We are [...]
Quality Management Services
What is the cost of quality? Quality is free. Quality is also a perception, and subject to what we might expect. What is the cost of poor quality? Now this is often a question that can be answered but the answers may not be available immediately. In business we should be aware of the cost [...]
We should all be doing our bit towards the recycling effort. Such as separating different materials and placing them into correct containers, But should we not be asking questions like why are we recycling so much waste? How many individuals or companies have a policy to prevent so much waste being produced in the first [...]
If you are a growing business, possibly with a few staff or more and you want to improve what you do and how you do it, then you should have some methods in place to enable you to measure your process performance, efficiency and effectiveness. Most processes are variable, in other words there is often [...]
How do you demonstrate your management commitments to delivering your environmental management policy?
It can be a positive advantage to be able to demonstrate how you are committed to environmental management. Are you aware of you’re the aspects and impacts your business processes have on the environment? Is all your staff aware of their responsibilities towards environmental management? Do you include environmental management awareness in your staff training [...]
Last nights BBC’s Panorama (27/06/11) programme was a shocking story about poor quality and the importance of supplier management, inspection and trust. Trust being the biggest word here, the programme showed we cannot trust some certificates of conformities (C of C’s) or, the labels and quality marks stamped on some products. This is nothing new [...]
- Social Networking sites – Friend or foe to employers? 15/12/2010
- The Blog has Landed 17/11/2010
- Business Edge 2011 10/01/2011
- Read all about it! February/March’s Business Edge is here 03/02/2011
- What business worries keep you awake at night? 01/04/2011
- Vent-Axia’s Silent Fan shortlisted for‘Best Marketing Campaign’ 24/04/2014
- Former City College hairdresser supports new generation of stylists 24/04/2014
- University presents research into how Big Data can benefit businesses 24/04/2014
- Green chemistry at Nikwax wins local business its fourth Queen’s Award 22/04/2014
- Electronic Temperature Instruments Ltd honoured in Queen’s Birthday Honours List for the second time in three years! 22/04/2014
- Roger Hames: We have a hand held electronic scanner which has s...
- Emma Stafford: Could you please let me know the price of your Eff...
- Susan Hennessey: I work a 4 day week of 16.5 hours per week (Tues/W...
- Helen rowson: Hi I work 2 days a week, Monday and Tuesday. I cur...
- Jane Roberts: The British Red Cross can confirm the great value ...